Monday, February 04, 2008

Printing Johnny Cash Part 1

I did print Johnny Cash today. I did a few things differently and am happy with the outcome.

Dr John keeps on saying he doesnt know what a gocco machine is. So while this may not fully explain it, I have posted some of the steps I used today.



The print gocco machine uses specially made silk screens coated with photoemulsion for printing. I have one placed in the top of the machine. The printing bed is below.

I have placed a xerox copy of my image on the printing bed.

I have made sure that my image is fully contained in the printing area in under the window in the top of the machine.

The photoemulsion on the screen is burned with bright light. The gocco machine uses old fashioned flash bulbs for this. There are batteries in the top of the bulb case.

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool stuff!! Janet it's a really fascinating process how you make your gocco prints! OMG my daughter loves Johnny Cash!!! I think she's watched that movie 'Walk the Line' about 10 times at least.

Janvangogh said...

I am having fun with it. Just wish the supplies were a little cheaper and more accessible.

Cynthia said...

Very cool - I want one! (Actually I want a gocco and one of your Johnny Cash prints!)

Janvangogh said...

Thanks Cynthia. Planning to list today.

Dr.John said...

Thanks for the lesson. Now I know so much more and I bet I'm not the only one.

bettygram said...

Thanks for the information.

Carmen said...

How cool is that?! Thanks for the great lesson!